Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Safe Way to Stop Femseven Patches  (Read 7177 times)

Shazzie

Safe Way to Stop Femseven Patches
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »

Hiya

I have been having terrible trouble finding Femseven Patches.  All chemists in my area say they cannot get them.

Thought I might see how I go without them.

Does anyone know how you should stop. I am on 50 mcgm patches.  Have been on them for 4 months and I am 53.

Thanks for any advice.

Shazzie xx

Taz2

Re: Safe Way to Stop Femseven Patches
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »

The advice is to slowly reduce your dosage over a few months but I have to say that I did this and the symptoms came back really quickly. The next time I stopped I just didn't put on another patch. The symptoms returned within a few weeks. Whichever way you choose wont be "dangerous" so don't worry about putting your health at risk - you may find that your symptoms don't return or you may go back to where you were before starting HRT. I have had eight months off it but have now restarted - couldn't cope anymore.

Taz x

Sarah2

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:27:59 AM »

Assume you will finish the month whatever type you are on?

Are you on a sequential ( bleed prep) or combined continuous?
If you are on a sequential regime then you ought to complete the month and end with a bleed, otherwise you will have some lining to the uterus which will not come away without adding in a progestogen. In time, this could be risky as it could develop changes.

If you have some patches left, it would probably be best to use them but to withdraw the HRT slowly- some people do this by cutting the patches in half.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:08:10 PM by Sarah2 »

Shazzie

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »

Thanks Taz and Sarah

I still haven't made up my mind what to do.

I am on the Femseven Conti as I haven't had a period for over a year.

Shame I can't get hold of them as I was doing ok.  I have taken the prescription to around 15 chemists and none of them have them.

I thought that if I have to get used to another patch then I might as well see how I get on without them.

Thanks again for replying.

Shazzie xx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »

Might it be worth contacting this organisation Shazzie http://psnc.org.uk/dispensing-supply/supply-chain/branded-shortages/branded-shortages-list/#manufacturers

Femseven doesn't appear on the shortages list but this was last amended in February. They may welcome an alert from yourself?

Taz x

Sarah2

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:39 PM »

There is a whole thread on Femseven being discontinued on the 'All things menopause' forum- about 10 threads down from the top.

This is one post

First the chemist could not get any for my prescription, so I wrote to the makers to ask about this, and told the chemist, who contacted them herself. She was told it is being discontinued. I am gutted. I have been prescribed Femostan Conti pills, which have a newer progesterone formulation to Evoril, so we shall see how we go. But I would much rather have patches. Thanks for replying.

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »

It is still puzzling that there is nothing online about this. Merck is usually good at posting news about discontinuation of products but there is nothing on their site and none of the UK Pharmacy sites have mentioned it either. Very odd.

Taz x

Shazzie

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 09:45:26 AM »

Thanks Sarah and Taz.

I will contact the suppliers and let you know what happens.

xx

Rosebush

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:19:12 AM »

Hi Ladies   :)

I received this email today, in reply to one I sent them on Saturday, so very quick response..

I am on holiday in Spain at the moment and had probs getting my patches before I came away, I needed 12 but pharmacy only had 8, and could not get anymore, due home in 2wks so fingers crossed I am hoping to get my supply when returning home..xx

Has anyone else got there supply okay in last 2wks?

Good Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry

I am pleased to tell you that we have resumed supply of the Teva Femseven and distributed stock to the wholesalers as of last week. We have had a few reports to state that the wholesalers have sold out straight away, which could be why your pharmacy is still struggling to get the Teva product. This shouldn't be too much of an issue as they order from us every week and we still have stock available. We are also chasing this up with the wholesalers on a daily basis.

May I suggest that you advise your pharmacist to contact our customer service team on 0800 590502 where we will be able to establish which wholesaler and depot they use for their supplies and then be able to source product within the supply chain for you.

Many Thanks

id:[email protected]
Becci Bloomfield   Customer Service Complaints Executive

Teva UK Limited, Ridings Point, Whistler Drive, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF10 5HX

Tel: 01977 628675     Fax: 01977 628788

[email protected] sip:[email protected]    www.tevauk.com

Tigony

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »

My experience as well. Now got six months worth and feeling so much better it is lovely. This product suits me so much better than Evorel.

Shazzie

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »

So glad you got the Femseven back.  I've been given Evorel to replace Femseven but getting more palps.  I have just rang all the chemists in my area and no Femseven anywhere.  Grrrr!!

xxx

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2014, 09:33:31 AM »

Which area are you in Shazzie. We don't have a problem here (South) and any pharmacist is allowed to source their supply outside of their given area. A while ago mine had to get me a medication in from Newcastle.  If you give them your prescription they will try their best to get it for you I'm sure.

Taz x

Shazzie

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2014, 12:01:18 PM »

Hi Taz

Thanks for your reply.

I am in Bristol and I handed in my prescription to Boots Longwell Green and they rang 6wks later to say that the manufacturer was not supplying them so I took the prescription to Asda Pharmacy and they said the same and advised me to go back to GP.  I went to the GP who is on Femseven also and she said she had been having trouble too and gave me a prescription for Evoral pactches which aren't working so well to be honest,

I might do some ringing around an see if I can find them in a 50 mile radius.

Nightmare isn't it?

Hope you are ok.

Shazzie xx