Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Elleste Solo 1mg tablet  (Read 22995 times)

Sparky64

Elleste Solo 1mg tablet
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:27:59 PM »

Hello Ladies.. After vowing NEVER to take HRT after having a total hysterectomy & both ovaries removed 8 months and going into surgical menopause 6 days later I have finally succumbed. Hot flushes, nausea, headaches, night sweats, insomnia, depression no sex drive what so ever and feeling like I've gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson when I get up in the morning, you name it mother nature has thrown it at me, never ever did I think it would be this bad..Anyways..... I started taking elleste solo 1mg on sunday (after sitting staring at it for a day trying to decide what to do).. I wasn't expecting immediate results but while talking to a lady this morning she said she felt wonderful after 48 hrs.. I haven't noticed anything..  Have any other ladies tried this and what did/do they think of it..

Thank You Sparky xx

Taz2

Re: Elleste Solo 1mg tablet
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:25 PM »

Was the other lady on the same HRT? Patches normally work faster than pills Sparky so don't be despondent.

Taz x

Sparky64

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »

No she's on Premarin ( I think) she said her sister was on the same one and she felt great.. I have had a headache on and off all day and my calves are aching for the second night running. Hot flushes etc still horrendous, I understand it can take a while and vary from women to women but hoped I would of had a little reprieve..

Sparky x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »

I would say it can be at least a month before you begin to feel better - of course it might happen quicker than that but you have to allow the hormones to build up in your system. You lost all of yours overnight when you had the hyster and have had eight months without them so it is bound to take time to "fill" you back up!  On patches hot flushes can disappear within 24-48 hours but they do work faster than the pill HRTs.  It's important to give it up to three months to see how it suits you and if you then feel it hasn't helped you then a different one can be prescribed. Most docs prescribe pills rather than patches as they are much cheaper.

Taz x

Sparky64

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »

Thanks for the replies.. I'm just being impatient lol I can't wait to get some relief (hopefully) from all these menopause symptoms the hot flushes night sweats and insomnia are the worst, I have zopiclone to help me sleep but don't take it every night just when I'm really, really tired.. I never ever expected it to be this bad..

Sparky x

Suzyq

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »

Don't give up! It has taken me 3 months to really stabilize after trying gel and now patches at an increased dose. If you feel no better after a month then you may need a higher dose to get to where you need to. I had a couple of times where I wanted to give up but am glad I persevered. I still have very achy legs and take magnesium to help with this.  Good luck and hope you feel better soon x

Dana

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 09:07:49 AM »

Do you know what dose Premarin she is on? If she's on the low dose that would be equivalent to what you are on, but she might be on the .625 which would be equivalent to Elleste Solo 2mg. I used to be on Premarin .625 and I switched to 2mg estradiol tablets. I've since gone to patches which are 50mcg. You might need to go up a dose, if you don't settle.

You can see the different equivalencies here... http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatafter.php

Sparky64

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »

Hello.. She said she was only on a low dose but had felt wonderful after a couple of days.. I woke up with a headache this morning again and had to drag myself out of bed night sweats waking me up and then am freezing. I have 2 duvets for winter and summer have tried both of them (not at the same time lol) I am either too hot or too cold.. The hot flushes are fast and furious and seem worse since I started elleste solo..   Oh well thanks for letting me moan am off to stick my head in the freezer lol Sparky xx

Sparky64

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

I might do that StellaJane, I am getting no relief on 1mg. Not a thing has changed other than having a lousy headache when I get up in the morning, the hot flushes and might sweats seem to have got worse not better.

Sparky

Sparky64

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 07:26:18 PM »

Hello Again.. I have been taking Elleste solo 1mg for 18 days now with no relief from my symptoms, yesterday I started with a headache that slowly got worse by 10 pm last night I couldn't lift my head up without it pounding and throbbing I also felt very sick, on waking up this morning it was down to a dull ache, took my hrt tablet as normal and as the day has gone on the headache has slowly worsened again.. I'm not going to take a tablet tomorrow to see if the headache disappears, then I will know for sure its the HRT.. Has anybody else had bad headaches while taking elleste sole?

Thanks Sparky x

Suzyq

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 10:21:58 PM »

Oh no - poor you! I can't help I'm afraid as I'm on patches but I would maybe see your doctor again and try a different kind - patches or gel? It sometimes takes a while to find something that suits.

Sparky64

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »

Hi.. I haven't taken another tablet since my last post here almost a fortnight ago.. I can honestly say I feel better for not taking it.. I am still getting the severe hot flushes night sweats etc but really didn't want to take another 1 of those god awful tablets.. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon so will see what he has to say but am seriously thinking of going cold turkey!!

Sparky x

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:56 PM »

Hopefully your doctor will suggest an alternative form of HRT such as patches or gel.  Transdermal methods such as these are less likely to cause headaches.

Here's what it says on this site about migraines and I am sure the same advice will apply to other bad headaches:

Migraine   
    Migraine is often triggered by hormonal fluctuations and therefore may occur around the time of a period. Such migraine may improve at the time of the menopause. Some women find that migraine may be triggered by the daily hormone fluctuations which can occur with oral (tablet) HRT so the transdermal (patch or gel) route is usually preferred with a history of migraine

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/atoz.php#GlossM

Once your body has got used to getting it elsewhere than your own body's production, oestrogen should not make you feel ill, and in most women alleviates the negative symptoms and gives back something of the feel good factor.

Hurdity x