Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oestrogel timing - quick help needed !  (Read 6253 times)

itwillbebetter

Oestrogel timing - quick help needed !
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »

Hi,

I'm going out tonight and am now panicking slightly about when to put my oestrogel on.  I usually do 2 pumps first thing in morning and then 2 further pumps plus testim gel at around 8pm.  However I am going to be out from 4pm to about 1am in a very public place.  What do I do?  I'm going to see a show and therefore don't want to sit in the ladies loos for 1/4 hour whilst the gel dries as I can just imagine the queue of furious faces when I come out  :o

Should I just wait until I get home at 1am?  I don't want to put it on early as too much in my system makes me feel ill. Help, any advice? I'm scared to muck my system up as I seem to take ages to rebalance  :-\

Joyce

Re: Oestrogel timing - quick help needed !
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »

Doing it at 1am will be fine. I was never that strict with timing, even forgetting sometimes & was perfectly ok.  Go out & enjoy yourself. Oestrogel can wait.  :)

itwillbebetter

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:14:38 AM »

Really? You think I won't dissolve in a sweaty crying heap? Phew, I'll leave it till later then, thank you  ;D

Cassie

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »

Late is great, just dont forget it altogether, well, when I forget a day, I get a bleed but doing it late is fine, remember, after using it for a while, your body reaches levels where it circulates, so you should not be getting so many dips, which I why I dont understand why I bleed when I forget a dose,  but thats me...sigh

lancashirelass

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »

that's why i use sandrena comes in tiny packets really easy to take out with you.  dries quicker too. 

Sarah2

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 08:51:30 AM »

I use Oestrogel but find it dries in 5 minutes or less.
I do though only use 1 pump at a time ( 1 morning, 1 evening) so there is only half a pump going onto each arm each application. I divide the amount in my hand, then apply.

I wonder though if it might help- in future- if you applied it to arms and thighs if you want it to dry more quickly? Just a thought.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 11:15:55 AM »

Took ages to dry when I used it.

How did you get on itwillbebetter?

Cassie

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:32 PM »

I rub it in well dries immediately...great stuff!

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »

I have read that it is important not to increase the area the gel is spread on much beyond that recommended because absorption is reduced ie quick drying may be more convenient but may not result in the estradiol levels you desire!

Hurdity x

Cassie

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »

Have been on it for almost 10 years, think my body is pretty much saturated by now :) no meno symptoms whatsoever!

Sarah2

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »

Some packs of Oestrogel come with a paper template- the size of the instruction leaflet. They advise using that as the total area to be covered. However, maybe I am small but the area they suggest is huge- would be half way down past my elbow rather than upper arm!

So the area I cover is far less. Having said that it is half a dose, twice a day. If I up the dose for any reason then I spread a bit on my thighs.

I have read though that you aren't supposed to rub it in - just smooth it on- but am not going to contradict with you cassie :) as you've found something that works for you.

Cassie

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 06:45:25 PM »

When I first started it, was told to massage it in, slowly and gently and that it also gets taken up on the hair follicles, was also told that the French ladies use it on their cellulite and the bits left over on their faces, but I think we have covered that discussion in previous posts...:) and my area is fairly large sort of my whole top thigh and alternate between that and then from my knee down... to my foot, sometimes under my feet as well, behind the knees etc.

Sarah2

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 07:44:33 PM »

I couldn't be more different! Quick slap on the upper arms and takes me all of 10 seconds!
I thought the leaflet said not to massage in?
Not arguing cassie- just puzzled!

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »

Just reading this topic and it reminded me that my patch that was due to be stuck on this morning is still in the box  ;D. I must have got distracted. Doesn't take much these days.  Must go stick it on.

I have taken one off and forgotten about it for a few days. For me anyway it takes takes weeks before I notice a difference.

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »

Here is the official info from the brand leaflets:

This is from the Sandrena SPC

http://www.medicines.org.uk/EMC/medicine/1392/SPC/Sandrena+1.0+mg+gel/

Sandrena is an alcohol-based estradiol gel. When applied to the skin the alcohol evaporates rapidly and estradiol is absorbed through the skin into the circulation. Application of Sandrena on area of 200-400 cm2 (size of one to two hands) does not affect the amount of estradiol absorbed. However, if Sandrena is applied to larger area absorption decreases significantly. To some extent, however, the estradiol is stored in the subcutaneous tissue from where it is released gradually into circulation

Oestrogel Patient info leaflet (the one at  the link below) talks about "applying" the gel and "spreading" it, rather than rubbing it - but does not prohibit rubbing it in ie it is not mentioned.
http://www.besins-healthcare.com/pdf/PIL%20Oestrogel%20IRL_30Oct09.pdf

I think anyone who uses gel is bound to get quite differing concentrations because it is necessairly a somewhat inexact method of getting the hormone into your system, and everyone will interpret the instructions differently, apply it to a slightly different sized area and rub or spread as they wish! However if it does its job then that's fine, and as long as the progestogen is sufficient to thin or shed the lining - that's all that matters really!

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2