Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: patches or gel  (Read 30896 times)

Rowan

Re: patches or gel
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »

Time to be your own expert then, with the gel you easily use as much or as little as you want, perhaps if you ask for the Estrogel that comes in a pump container, then the sachets.

Hurdity

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

Hi moonbeam

I think you're going round in circles in a bit now! I don't think there is anything more we can say to help you - we have said the same thing many times - and it's up to you now!!

It comes down to choice. No-one can say how each method will affect you - just the main principles. You need to stop worrying and try one!!

Just plump for whichever method appeals to you - either daily application of a gel, or twice weekly application of a patch and then give it a try. Estradot are very small and stick well so if there is a smaller area of the body for irritation from the adhesive and easier to find a new place to stick to if you don't want to bother rubbing off the marks - which I don't!

Just make a decision for whichever one of these takes your fancy and give it a try for a few weeks.

Good luck and hope whichever one you choose works for you!

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »

Hurdity I total agree with you, its doing my head in as well, this menopause has been the bane of my life, my kids are forever taking the mick out of me, I do appreciate all your help and support  :) :) :)

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »

Have you made a decision then.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2014, 07:42:19 PM »

Hi yes I going to try the gel and not sure which one Sandrena or Oestrogel !!

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »

Make a decision and stick to it. Then when you visit the doctor you can be assertive.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

2014 is going to be a good year, I have started to grow my nails and bought myself some nail vanish today and hopefully changing my doctor practice and then sorting my HRT will be the next step after that, I have gotto be positive,  as a year of illness and depression is enough , thanks x

ellie66

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 08:04:49 PM »

I had Sanrena gel when I was bleeding with the Mirena that I used for contraception in my 30's. Consultant prescribed it. Oestrogel is fab as you can take up 3mg ie 4 pumps so more flexible than Sandrena gel.

If you sensitive to progesterone like I am the Mirena is blooming awful I felt dreadful for a whole 5 years until I was sterilised. Never ever again do I want a Mirena anywhere near me!!! Utogestan is fab I am been absolutely fine on the 200mg of it from days 15-26 this month. 

moonbeam121167

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 08:16:08 PM »

Ellie66  is Oestrogel the best to ask for, is it easy to use, I am currently on Climaval 2mg so what would be the dose roughly to use, i have seen on here that you use less Sandrena gel than Oestrogel and is thinner but again its down to personal preference isnt it xx

ellie66

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »

I was on Femston 2mg/10, but was having hot flushes, similar to you I started on 3 pumps then upped it to  4 pumps I feel fab so much better its unbelievable. There is 0.75mg Oestrogen in 1 pump so I worked it out approximately.     

Cassie

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2014, 02:12:45 AM »

Oestrogel is great, you rub it on, I alternate between my 2 inner thighs, sometimes front or back of legs, makes no diff. It is quite cold, as it contains alcohol, so not so great to use in Winter, I put it on in bed @ night but it is easy to use and I have been great on it. Good luck in your decision.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 02:18:03 AM by Cassie »

Dana

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 06:54:17 AM »

Sounds like you've made your decision Moonbeam, but I'll just add that I'm also a fan of Estradot 50. They're a "set and forget" kind of thing. When I open a new box I write on each little envelope the day and time I have to replace it and then leave it on the shelf next to the bathroom sink, so I can never forget when it needs to be changed.

I've never had any problems with them sticking or the adhesive. In fact here in Australia it has been incredibly hot over the last couple of days and I'm constantly checking my patch to make sure it's not coming off, but it's stuck to my bum like glue...lol.... Sure it sometimes leaves a tiny sticky mark when you take it off, but I find that disappears after a shower or two.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »

Hi all I am going to try the gel but unsure which one, its what ever one is easier to use , not really worried about convenience as I dont go anywhere and if I do is in my caravan , just want one that is easy to use not to messy x

Cassie

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2014, 02:21:14 PM »

Oestrogel or Femigel, its contained in a nice neat tin, you pump out how much you need, general dose is 2 pumps per day, no nice, no fuss, if you dont like it after a few months, you can always try something else.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2014, 03:32:14 PM »

Hi Cassie I have never heard of Femigel, I thought it was Oestrogel or Sandrena x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6