Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: HRT Gel  (Read 9557 times)

moonbeam121167

HRT Gel
« on: December 15, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »

Hi all, I am hoping to see a  GP tomorrow about my headaches, I am currently on Climaval 2mg and want to try a gel version hoping it will help and also help with my moods as well, also I am hoping not taking an oral version will help my stomach heal as I had bloods done and my liver result came back higher than normal, so I am now convinced a transdermal route will be the best route to take,  can any one advise on which of the two shown on here, Oestrogel or Sandrana are the best to ask for, I know we are all different and they react differently but maybe someone must have there own preference  thanks  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

ellie66

Re: HRT Gel
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »

Devonhil and I have a support thread for this its on here as Oestrogel/Utragestan Support Group. If you a uterus you will need a progesterone such as utrogestan. Hop on over to our support group  :)

Edit the support thread is here http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23372.0.html

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 03:45:31 PM »

You also have the option of using a patch and a separate progesterone.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »

Hi  I had a total hysterectomy so I dont need the progesterone and I tried once the Estraderm patch but stopped cause my GP told me that the oral hrt has no affect on your stomach ??? and went back on the Climaval but after been on here and reading everyone's opinions  I thinks she is wrong , so I want to try the gel as I do believe you can regulate the amount, is this true and which one to try Oestrogel or Sandrana  :) :) :) :) :) :)

ellie66

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »

Oestrogel and Sandera are the same thing its just their consisteny is slightly different. So either should be fine.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »

Thanks  ellie66 and you think out of the gel or patches gel is better, as I said before I tried the Estraderm patch before for a short time, it stuck ok but dont think  I gave them a chance, not sure what one to ask for , any advice plz xx

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »

Evoril patches stick very well and are well tolerated. You can cut bits off a patch or add a bit more if you want. They deliver a steady amount of hormone into your bloodstream. Some people have problems with gel....where to put it...whether it is being absorbed properly. A patch delivers the correct amount over the correct period.
It takes about three months before you can say whether a particular HRT suits.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 07:29:44 PM »

Are these Evoril patches ok to use when you have had a total hysterectomy

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 07:40:24 PM »

Hi really really confused, not sure which route to ask for, its not like trying out a new moisturizer but I also know we are all different and when one type is good for one lady it might not be good for me, its  just I really do now believe a Transdermal route is the better choice for me but I really dont know which one and my GP is rubbish and no help whats so ever , any help from you nice ladies will be very much appreciated  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »

There are various types of Evoril patches and you can get one that is oestrogen alone.
As I said patches are well tolerated. I have a very sensitive stomach but they suit me very well.

Honeyb
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 07:54:01 PM »

Hi look on google on its seems to spelt Evorel  are they the same thing and as I am on 2mg pills what dose would I need with a patch  xx

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2013, 07:57:00 PM »

You usually start with the 50 patch but I think it goes up to 100. You would possibly be ok on the 50 as it does not go through the stomach and liver so less is more.

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »

I'm only on oestrogen. Initially tablets, which due to becoming lactose intolerant I could no longer take. Switched to gel, now patches. Would recommend either gel or patches, though I prefer patches as less messy.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2013, 08:04:03 PM »

I do thank you for your advice xx

ellie66

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »

I like gel I do not like the idea of anyone seeing the patch. If I break a leg do not fancy discussing HRT with strange doctors or them being seen on a beach. Just me I am funny like that :)
Pages: [1] 2 3