Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 724691 times)

Suzyq

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »

Hi all.

Thanks for your kind advice re: upping estrogel to one and a half pumps - now feeling pretty good. Believe I will stick to this until the end of the week then go to 2.  Hope you all had a good Xmas as saw bad weather was hitting the uk. Just for a change it's snowing here.

Meggie

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »

Having had a total hysterectomy when I was 27, when it was "my turn" for the menopause, the doctor gave me Estrogel/Estrodose and I do not take progesterone.  When I had my mamogramme there were 2 cysts visible, one in each breast and it was considered, due to the cancer risk, that this was the best choice of HRT but at a very low dose ........1 pump once a day, Monday - Friday.  I have been following the prescribed dose for 5 years and when I saw the doctor 5 months ago I was told that as I am now 62 it's necessary to reduce the HRT and stop using it fairly soon so I have only been using it 3 times a week.  However, I have never been without the hot flushes which really drain me and make me feel quite ill at times, the HRT has only reduced the number of flushes I have from around 26 per day/night to around 12 !!  I wish I could be rid of the constant feeling of being over-warm .... my Husband is chilled to the bone and I am stripped down to strappy tee-shirt, cotton trousers and bare feet - the clothes are on, then off, then on again - Hubby says I am up and down like a prostitutes knickers !.  I rarely feel cold and cannot abide the heater on in the car !!  I would love to have been without the flushes but understand this was the best option for me.  I'm looking forward to feeling like me again ...... if it ever happens that is !

Meggie

Chrislm

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 10:12:32 AM »

Hi

I have been using oestrogel for about two weeks now, applying two pumps as recommended to my upper arms on the outside or my mid inner thigh.

I am sure that I am absorbing the gel differently depending on where I apply it. (My arms are mainly just skin with a bit of muscle, whilst my inner thighs would put fear into the New Zealand All Blacks). I seem to absorb the gel better on my arms than my legs.

Is this possible? And if so, does anyone know if there is another body part I can use apart from legs where there is less muscle (shins, ribs etc?). Alternatively, would it be a problem just to apply to my arms?

Thanks

Meggie

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »

I apply the gel to my inner arm between the wrist and the elbow - not tried anywhere else !

Meggie

ellie66

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »

Huridty, Hil just to say I seem to be getting fine with 200mg of Utrogestan no side effects at all. Its obviously synthetic progesterone I am sensitive too. I feel fab on this HRT  :)

Hurdity

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »

Great news ellie! Long may it continue!!

Hurdity  :)

juliekim

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:27 AM »

Hi everyone,

I would like to join your thread as I am also taking Utrogestan and Estrogel (only started 13 days ago!), so not sure what my ideal dose is yet.  It is so good to read other people's experiences! I thought I would share something I found on the internet. A naturapath and registered nurse, Joseph Collins (American), recommends you only put Estrogel below the belly button due to the lymphatic system's route from the legs is different to the arms which then travels through the breasts.  He claims this is much safer.  He also says to apply hormones first thing in the morning to mimic the body's levels. I realise that is not good for Utrogestan if you are using it vaginally and its sedative effects but wondered what anybody's thoughts were on his recommendations, as I cannot find any other website recommending this.

Many thanks,

Julie

ellie66

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 11:07:08 AM »

:welcomemm: to the forums Julie we are a friendly supportive bunch  :)

I put it on my lower arm. If you where taking it orally it would get to breasts anyway so that logic is lost on me!

I am on 4 pumps a day and 200mg Utogestan from days 15 TO 26. Its fab I feel so much better  :)

I am on a higher dose as I was on Femston 2/10 for 3-4 years and my meno symptoms where coming back. Normally you start on 2 pumps a day. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:50:07 AM by ellie66 »

juliekim

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2014, 01:19:58 PM »

Hi Ellie,

Thank you so much! It is so great to speak to others who are in the same position and want to support and help each other!

And I have to agree that I am not sure if Joseph Collins is correct in his recommendations re the lymphatic system.  I shall try and do some research on that one!

Thank you for letting me know what you take - I am going to up my intake of Estrogel tomorrow to 1 1/2 and see how I get on with that as 1 pump hasn't stopped the flushes although I do think they are slightly less. I am worried about taking 200mg Utrogestan vaginally straight off with that amount of Estrogel, so I may ask my GP to prescribe 100mg now I know you can use that internally too! (My GP wasn't sure you could as she had never prescribed it)

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the help I am getting,

Julie x

ellie66

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2014, 01:48:13 PM »

My GP has given me a 100mg so I can decide. Using Utogestan vaginally made me slightly sore so I swallow them now  :)

juliekim

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:20 PM »

Thanks Ellie,

I will be contacting my GP to do the same!! :)

Julie x

ellie66

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »

Julie,

The 200mg are huge you can say a friends told the 100mg are smaller and easier to swallow hehehehe   :) It is true.

Mini2005

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »

Hi all,

I was hoping for a bit of advice.  I have been on HRT since February 2013, 7 months on Femoston 1/10 and 4 months on Femoston 2/10.  I have mostly been fine but after a while I find the symptoms come back, mostly anxiety and low mood.  I also get aching arms for some reason.

I e-mailed Dr. Currie a couple of months ago and she said if things didn't settle after 3 months on the 2/10 then it would probably be wise to try a transdermal route.  I have an appointment with my GP on Friday morning and I was going to request a change and was considering estrogel/utrogestan.  He has been really great through all my problems in the last 12 months but I was wondering if anyone had any problem getting their GP to prescribe this combination.

Also has anyone cracked their anxiety with this type of HRT.  Not looking for a magic fix but just trying to find the best solution I can x

ellie66

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2014, 10:30:30 PM »

I love this regime if we were on Femston due to PMS type symptoms, like me, due to progesterone phase of HRT then this regime is even better. I have NO PMS type symptoms now.

I do not suffer from anxiety so can't help with that question but someone knowledgeable will be along soon. Hurdity are you around?

What I can say with this Oestrogel/Utogestan regime it has a major benefit over other HRT as its so tailor the dose as lots of us are doing, with the support of our GP's and this forum.

honeybun

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 11:02:17 PM »

It did not help my anxiety at all unfortunately. I went back to a sequi regime but could not cope with the bleeds. I changed to using utrogestan all the time vaginally and it gave me bladder problems.
I ended up back on evorel conti despite my best efforts to settle on the new regime.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 187