Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anyone Else Sick of Being a Nervous Wreck?  (Read 18956 times)

latefortysomething

Re: Anyone Else Sick of Being a Nervous Wreck?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »

Hello,
Just want to say me too, I sympathise with anyone going through this.  I started a new job today, -practically the oldest one there,not quite but almost - I am a bag of nerves, no confidence and I look as bad as I feel (mainly thanks to new hair cut! )  I smile alot when nervous and find it difficult to maintain eye contact, so I come across as being a real fruit cake!  Thing is how do you explain to people, I can't..

One thing I love that I can;t take myself and that is lemon balm. really wonderful stuff!  It is simply the best, that and liquorice.  I know I keep goin on about my herbs and teas, but these things help.  Lemon balm relaxed me, helped me sleep too.  I can't take as it affects my thyroid, (another boring story).  I have read, that lemon balm normalises thryoid function, not so sure.  However for what it's worth just a few drops of the tincture in some hot water helps.   I think I may try it again.

Other herbs like valerian, oats, ashwangandha all help too.   One tea that is brilliant is the Relax tea (orange) box by Pukka, marvelous stuff. 
I hope this helps, I have tried these remedies and they work! 

Best of luck!  If you happen to meet someone outside scurrying around and talking 10 to the dozen...bag of nerves.....it's probably me!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:28:04 PM by latefortysomething »

Dandelion

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2013, 10:45:14 PM »

Ooohh I've just read this thread and I am sorry to hear so many people tortured with bad anxiety.

Is it the HRT that has caused this horrible anxiety?

It's scared me a bit, because I am feeling the same anxiety etc, and am about to hopefully start HRT to get rid of my flushes and horrible moods, due to being peri-meno. Well I assume I am. im the right age, and I am having irregular periods and flushes etc etc.

Meg

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 01:14:50 AM »

Add my name to the club.  I am so sick and tired of the anxiety, jitters and panic.  Never ever had this elevated level of anxiety before going into menopause.  It is all down to hormones.  Anything stressful brings on the sweating.  I catastrophise things like I never used to, yes I am probably a nervous wreck!
Another thing is I am way too oversensitive and noise bothers me so much.

Meg

Dandelion

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 01:46:17 AM »

Add my name to the club.  I am so sick and tired of the anxiety, jitters and panic.  Never ever had this elevated level of anxiety before going into menopause.  It is all down to hormones.  Anything stressful brings on the sweating.  I catastrophise things like I never used to, yes I am probably a nervous wreck!
Another thing is I am way too oversensitive and noise bothers me so much.

Meg
Ohh no.
Did HRT cause this?
If so, what sort?

I'm naturally an anxious person, but I don't want to be made worse by HRT.
I am thinking of taking it so my horrible moods go away, not get worse.

Hope you feel better as soon as possible.

Taz2

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2013, 07:38:31 AM »

Hi Dandelion - different types of HRT have different types of progesterone and some women react to progesterone. It can give you PMT type symptoms especially if you suffer from PMT as part of your normal cycle. However, there are some members on here who find that the progesterone makes them feel really good and you wont know until you actually try it.

It is usual to try each HRT for around three months before you can get a true picture of how it will help you or not. The progesterone which is most likely to cause anxiety or grumpiness is norethisterone. Do you have other meno symptoms other than the horrible moods?

Taz

Dandelion

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »

Hi Dandelion - different types of HRT have different types of progesterone and some women react to progesterone. It can give you PMT type symptoms especially if you suffer from PMT as part of your normal cycle. However, there are some members on here who find that the progesterone makes them feel really good and you wont know until you actually try it.

It is usual to try each HRT for around three months before you can get a true picture of how it will help you or not. The progesterone which is most likely to cause anxiety or grumpiness is norethisterone. Do you have other meno symptoms other than the horrible moods?

Taz
Hi Taz, and thanks for getting back to me.
I get hot flushes as well as horrible moods.

I'm worried about being given synthetic progesterone as my friend told me that bio identical progesterone is a lot better, and that synthetic progesterone has caused people a lot of problems.
I am dreading feeling more anxiety etc from the hormones, cos I have had a lot of anxiety etc in my life from medications etc, so I am really overdue for some happiness.

Luckily I don't get PMT.

vickypk

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2013, 04:36:13 PM »

Hello, Just started using Oestrogel, 8th day on it and I am feeling better today.  I tried the combination patch a couple of months ago, but couldn't get on with it at all.  Felt worse really.  Using the gel and taking progesterone tablets for 7 days each month.  I had so many symptoms of the menopause.  Vaginal atrophy, blood in the urine, lack of libido, sweats, anxiety, depression, bad moods, insomnia.  I don't know why it took me so long to get it sorted.  Because I have always been into doing a lot of fitness I thought I would get rid of all the symptoms with the exercise,  but nothing has worked.  I have tried so many natural remedies!  It is all positive so far, only early days I know.

wallflower

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »

...do you think all your symptoms are menopausal or could it be a combination of what is going on in your life as well????
I would talk to you GP.....I went onto antidepressants - citalopram - when I started on HRT too....I was definitely suffering severe menopausal paranoia, depression, panic attacks etc....but then had a huge stress related breakdown...
I resisted anti depressants AND counselling, but finally was SO desperate....would try anything....slowy, slowy things got much better....that was 3 yrs ago....
You Will get better....you WILL move on from this horrid time....just keep plugging away at the help out there.....and know that you deserve better than this....with love and thoughts
Pages: 1 2 [3]