Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kalms + Citalopram  (Read 16139 times)

grumpyandIknowit

Kalms + Citalopram
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:50:22 PM »

Bitten the bullet and seen the Doc - might as well have asked him for Crack Cocaine he was so disiinterested, anyway can I take Citalopram 10mg in the day and Kalms for sleep? Are they okay together?

honeybun

Re: Kalms + Citalopram
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »

Have you taken Citalopram before.

Can't see any reason why you can't take both. I took one Citalopram and did not sleep at all. One of the side effects is not been able to sleep.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Which are you already taking?  Go to see a Pharmacist for advice?

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 09:34:37 PM »

I tried Kalms for my ongoing insomnia and they had no effect what so ever.   The Dr refused to give me anything stronger so I now get my sleeping tablets from the US. You can buy them off the shelf over there and they're wonderful, knock me straight out every time I have to resort to them :)

Meg

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »

Good for you Evenstar, you must be able to sleep in order to function.  What a pity you have to go to the States, speaks volumes for the compassion of some doctors!

Meg

Clovie

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:17:58 AM »

I tried Kalms for my ongoing insomnia and they had no effect what so ever.   The Dr refused to give me anything stronger so I now get my sleeping tablets from the US. You can buy them off the shelf over there and they're wonderful, knock me straight out every time I have to resort to them :)

So do I, Evenstar, get my sleeping pills in Walmart!  ;D
I stock up every year!  ;)
Which ones do you recommend, out of interest?
I use diphenhydramine, its the ingredient in one a night Nytol over here but much cheaper over there!!!
I also buy melatonin off the shelf there - you can't buy it over here  ???

ellie

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »

I tried nytol once and instead of making me sleep, they had the opposite effect, they made me really hyper....

Clovie

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 07:47:57 AM »

Really Ellie? Oh no.
How disappointing for you!  :(
There are 2 types of Nytol, the herbal one and the one-a-night one which you have to ask for over the pharmacy counter. Was it the one-a-night one?

I find it works a treat for me - BUT - it doesn't work 3 nights in a row, I  get 'immune' to the effects, so I can only use it now and again sadly.
I hate insomnia I really do.

Once when I had post natal depression and had awful insomnia I was given a very low dose of an older type anti-depressant (not as an antidepressant) It was called Dotheipin. I was brilliant. Need to pluck up courage to go and ask for it again. But my GP always tells me to drink a milky drink, lavender oil, soothing music etc  :o - My insomnia is WELL beyond any of those working!!!  ;D ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »

GPs who recommend soothing preparations haven't suffered insomnia for a long while  ::)  ... I find the old fashioned anti-histamines help as do travel sickness remedies  ;)

Evenstar

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 06:23:40 PM »

Sounds like we're using the same ones Clovie ;) They say maximum strength on the container.
      I think they must be stronger than Nytol. They had no effect whatsoever when I tried those here. Mind you, have only seen the herbal version recently so maybe its not so easy to get hold of those either any more.
       Heehee   yes I usually stock up on all sorts of pills and potions when we're over there too.  ;D

So do I, Evenstar, get my sleeping pills in Walmart!  ;D
I stock up every year!  ;)
Which ones do you recommend, out of interest?
I use diphenhydramine, its the ingredient in one a night Nytol over here but much cheaper over there!!!
I also buy melatonin off the shelf there - you can't buy it over here  ???

Evenstar

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

GPs who recommend soothing preparations haven't suffered insomnia for a long while  ::)  ... I find the old fashioned anti-histamines help as do travel sickness remedies  ;)

Actually yes, I agree. When I'm taking my hayfever tablets I'm far less likely to get insomnia. Just need something much stronger when it gets really bad.

Evenstar

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 06:27:51 PM »

Good for you Evenstar, you must be able to sleep in order to function.  What a pity you have to go to the States, speaks volumes for the compassion of some doctors!

Meg

So true. I guess Drs are just not wanting us to get addicted to things but if you use them carefully you're fine. Have been using the tabs I take for years now with no ill effects.

Clovie

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 06:47:30 PM »

Meg

So true. I guess Drs are just not wanting us to get addicted to things but if you use them carefully you're fine. Have been using the tabs I take for years now with no ill effects.

Same here. :)

Evenstar

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »

Life is so much better knowing you can keep your insomnia under control :)

Meg

Same here. :)

Clovie

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:12 PM »

Totally agree Evenstar, it's such a pain in the bum affliction is insomnia - and just a shame we have to self medicate because of unsympathetic GPs  :(
I know exactly what Grumpy means about may as well been asking for crack cocaine!  ;D
I don't want to get HIGH, I just want to sleep!  ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2