Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sharp stabbing groing pain  (Read 42455 times)

nelliedee

Sharp stabbing groing pain
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »

Does anyone else have stabbing groin pain. I have had this iritating pain occasionaly over the last few years but just lately its every month. It is not an ache, its more like a short sharp stabbing pain, it really hurts, makes me go OUCH and I have to stop whatever I am doing for a few seconds. I tend to get it for only one day and then it fades
xxx

Victoria

Re: Sharp stabbing groing pain
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:16 PM »

I too have been getting pains in groin last few years - for me it used to be a sign that my period was imminent. My periods are getting further and further apart now but still get the shooting pains in groin. I don't think it's anything to be worried about though x

rosie c

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 06:06:35 AM »

yes... :o have this too. doesnt last long but boy..! I think it feels like nerve pain. x

Evenstar

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »

I had that sort of pain when I was suffering with fibroids.

nelliedee

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »

Thanks for your replies its reasurring to know others have it. I will keep an eye on it as it seems to have become a regular thing  :)

kerrieann

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »

ive been getting groin pain now for almost 7 months i get low back ache and then a pain in my groin and cant walk far at all but its a proper ache like toothache  havent been to my gp as iam sure he will give me painkillers and i dont want them ive just had 8 sessions with a chiropractor and she says i have no problems with my hips and that its down to my back it is easing a little if i dont walk far and she tells me i must allow it to heal and keep using heat and cold compresses daily if it doesnt go soon i will probably have to see the gp but i would like to know what it is not mask it with pain killers  :(

nelliedee

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 07:27:30 AM »

Hope you get it sorted. Mines not an ache its just a stabbing pain. I think i would see your gp and maybe get it diagnosed just to ease the worry. xx  :)

ellie

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »

See the doctor, these are the symptoms my DH had, and x rays showed it was coming from his hip......he eventually had a new hip and has never looked back.

kerrieann

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 08:32:27 AM »

sounds like a trip to gp then  :( think ive lost faith in them as i always come out with a perscription and i really dont get on with meds but i can see what he says x

Elena

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »

Used to get it, nasty sharp sudden pain then gone.  I dont get it now so maybe it was a peri meno thing?

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 10:02:18 PM »

Interesting topic. I could barely walk today because of groin pain. Can't think of cause. Funnily enough tonight I ended up with period type pains, yet have had hysterectomy.  Fed up with aches  & pains! :(

kerrieann

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »

been to docs this morning with this groin and back pain worse when walking and for the last couple of days the top of my arm shoulder is aching bad cant lift my arm even lifting the kettle hurts and trying to peg out washing well i gave up mind with this continuous rain not much chance of that  :( gone off subject sorry  anyhow the doc is sending me for x rays on pelvis and ultrasound on my arm says he pretty sure its arthritis  :( not happy about that at all iam only 56 mind i feel 70 when trying to walk for more than 15 mins or so he gave me tramacet for the pain tramadol and paracetamol apparantly heaven knows what side effects that will have not good with pills at all  well at least i should get a diagnosis now  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »

The other thing to consider is polymyalgia rheumatica!

kerrieann

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 12:34:02 PM »

clkd  what are the signs to look for with polymyalgia rheumatica ?

Taz2

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 04:20:18 PM »

The signs seem to be quite specific and a blood test will show whether you have PMR. It usually comes on suddenly with pain especially in the shoulders and the thighs. It can be impossible to walk up stairs or get out of a chair. You also feel feverish and lose weight. Two friends have had this over the past three years and both have felt far too poorly to go into work when it first started. They both had to take steroids for a year and then reduce the dose for a further year. Info here http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/polymyalgia-rheumatica.aspx  One of the worst things for both of them was that they developed really hairy faces as a side effect of the steroids and also put on around three stone each. They are both ok now and are gradually losing the weight.

Taz x
Pages: [1] 2