Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine issue 35 out now. (March2014)

shop
About | Leaflets | Magazine | Books | Multimedia | Questionnaires | Links | Contact | Shop | Twitter | Facebook | Blog

Author Topic: Elleste Duet Conti and bleeding  (Read 1162 times)

loobiloo

• First Flush
Elleste Duet Conti and bleeding
« on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »

Hi all

Please can you tell me if this is normal - I have been taking the Elleste Duet Conti for a month now and for the last 5 days I have been bleeding like a normal period.  Having not had a period for over a year this has come as a bit of a shock.  I know that it says that you can get breakthrough bleeding in the first three months so could someone please reassure me that this is what it is and it should stop.  Thanks for reading this. :)

sweatybet

Re: Elleste Duet Conti and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »

Hi yes this bleeding is normal it may well settle down and would not be investigated unless it continued past six months.  This particular HRT can be unpleasant due to the progesterone. It is the least friendly type.  It's pretty cheap and appears as first choice when GP's look at their prescribing list.  Don't hesitate to get it changed if you find the bleeding does not stop.  Go armed with info from the green menu on types of HRT.  Hope this helps.

SB

loobiloo

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »

Hi sweatybet thank you that's a great help.  I will see how it goes over the next 2 months and then when I see my GP after that if I am still bleeding I will ask to change to a different type.

Stellajane

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 02:27:54 PM »

Yes it sounds pretty normal to me. Some women find they never really settle on these 'no-bleed' products. A different type/strength of tablet may get round the problem for you though.

loobiloo

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:34 AM »

Can anyone tell me how long this breakthrough bleeding will last  (9 days now and still bleeding and fed up)  I am on week 5 of the elleste duet conti.  Am I likely to keep bleeding every day or should it stop or should I just be patient and wait until I have taken it for 3 months before going back to my GP??

Stellajane

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

It up to you really Loobi - some women are prepared to put up with it in the hope that a few months down the line it will stop.