Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Evorel 25  (Read 16646 times)

HelenN610

Evorel 25
« on: September 05, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »

Can anyone tell me if they have found everol 25 any good,I'm a little reluctant to try it however I would if I heard some positive feedback. I had the marina coil fitted but it just isn't enough to stop my mind feeling crazy at that time of month

Thanks

Bette

Re: Evorel 25
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:30 PM »

Hi Helen
Good to hear from you again. Have things worked out ok with the Mirena? I remember that you were a bit concerned about trying it.
Hopefully someone with personal experience of Everol patches will be along to advise you but 25 is a very low dose so it's unlikely to cause any problems. You may well find that you need to work up to a higher dose to feel any great effect but it's good to start low and then increase if necessary.
Bette x

HelenN610

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 05:18:17 PM »

Hi Bette

Great to hear from you also thanks. The marina is certainly helped the heavy bleeding but honestly Bette I have been fortunate enough never to diet however I gain weight and bloating rapidly, I have to eat next to nothing since having it fitted.

My scrambled thoughts are getting worse also so I was prescribed the Everol 25, I just don't want to have to buy a new wardrobe as I can barely fit into my clothes as it is. Saying that if it helped the depersonalised feeling I get I would happily try it.

Hope all is very well with you xx

Bette

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:21 PM »

I'm good thanks.  :)
There are several threads on weight and diets!  ::) It's a common problem at this time of life, with or without HRT. If you really are eating next to nothing you might not be helping yourself as there is a theory that if you don't eat enough, the body goes into "starvation mode" and tries to hold on to the fat!  :o If you're experiencing bloating which changes during the day, that might be due to a dietary problem like bread not agreeing with you. Our systems seem to change so much with these hormonal upheavals.  ::)
One good thing is that if we feel better in general on HRT, we are often better placed to deal with dietary and weight issues.
Bette x

HelenN610

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »

Thanks again Bette I have been attending a personal trainer and she can't believe the fluctuation before my period is due but the evidence is there, after a few days my weight goes down. I really don't think there's much I can do apart from deal with it x I don't eat wheat as I had a hernia operation last year so wheat doesn't go down well x I'll have a good look through some of the posts as its always interesting to see how others feel . I was one of those people that thought it was rubbish to gain weight with a coil I was so wrong xxx

Bette

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:57:52 PM »

If it's fluctuation that much with your cycle, it's probably your own changing hormones rather than the coil as that gives you a steady level of prog. Hopefully adding estrogen will even things out; I'd say that it's got to be worth a try.  ;)
Bette x

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »

I use Evoril. Started on the sequi and now on conti. I started with the 50 which helped with flushes etc. It is a well tolerated patch and sticks like....well like glue.

I find putting them on my side above my thigh stops them getting stuck on my knickers.

Hopefully they will be good for you along with the coil.

Let us know how you go.

Honeyb
x

HelenN610

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 09:26:04 PM »

Thank Bette and Honey Bee xx

Gonna give it a try, I don't experience the flushes much it's just the insanity x I seem to get inner sweats with no excessive sweating, maybe this is a hot flush but I would cope with anything rather than the mental block x I'll let you know how I get on x thanks again xxx

paulineh

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »

Hi

I use Evorel 75 and find it really easy to use. The only drawback I have with it are headaches but that's not necessarily down to this patch as I've always had headaches and I experienced them with other patches. Apart from that I really like it.

Paulineh

Tracy Wood

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »

Hi, me too - I am on Evorel 100 and have been for the past 8 months, they have been wonderful for me.

Tx

HelenN610

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »

Thanks every one I'll start using soon xxx

dap5645

Re: Evorel Conti patches
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 06:57:06 PM »

Hi everyone,  I'm Dawn just come on the site last week. I am so worried at the moment I started on these Evorel conti patches in Sept last year. I was eventually given them to try to help with vaginal atrophy,cream didn't seem to work. I had, had problems for two years. I had gone through change at 51 I am now 56. It was 3 years into menapause I got vaginal atrophy. What is worrying me is that i started spotting a few weeks into being on patch then at four months I had bleeding only slightly but annoying and was a darkish brown (i'm sorry to describe it). Then after 3 days it stopped then a week or so no problem now i've got it again more pinkish this time. I have been to Docs had smear and awaiting a scan. I am so worried. I keep thinking i must think logical nothing happened until I was on the patch. Is there anyone that this has happened to xxx       

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »

Hi Dawn - welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for support and advice.

Spotting or bleeding is common on a conti HRT even when you have been period free for quite some time. Your GP is doing all of the right things though in ruling out any other explanation. Referral for a scan is routine in cases such as yours so try not to worry. If you carry out a search using the search button in the blue bar top left of the screen it may bring up other posts on this same problem.

You might like to introduce yourself under the New Members section so that more members can welcome you.

Taz x

dap5645

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

Thanks for the post Taz. It's put my mind at ease. I'm imagining all sorts and googling all the time is doing me no favours. I will go on the blue button at the top. Thanks for the quick reply. Dawn xxx