Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Personal Messages  (Read 50410 times)

MAT48

Re: Personal Messages
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 07:57:37 PM »

Yes - I'm naturally quite gobby but not when someone else's confidentiality is as stake. I hope I will be forgiven in this instance though.
Mat  ;)

MAT48

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

I guess I know very little about being post meno Taz. Every now and then I develop a weird new symptom and wonder, with my GP, if its RA, RA drugs or meno. That tends to be when I come back here.

It's a tiring disease for which I have to take cytotoxic drugs so I have to conserve fingers, energy levels and brain cells for work, kids and OH. Under strict orders these days!

Glad to learn you are well though.
Mat x

Morwenna

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »

I'm one of those who previously had many posts - over 400 but I went through a paranoid phase and deleted them all as I was worried about being identified by someone who knows me. So apologies for being anti social!  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 01:04:28 AM »

Well that explains why I can't reply to a lovely kind personal message! To quote another member, I shall have to be 'gobby'! It seems a shame.

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 07:45:24 AM »

It is a safeguarding measure on this and other forums Ju Ju. There will always people who join forums and then use the private messaging facility to spam members as has happened on here in the past. Sad but true. There is also a limit to how many pm's you can send in a specific amount of time but I can't remember what it is.  :)

Taz

Suzi Q

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »

Well yes I do really Taz. I suppose I should just come off this site because I am post meno and have no symptoms so I don't need this forum for myself? But I would hate someone to think I was letting them down and one of my threads had flagged up for her. So you see I don't really want to have to make over 100 posts just in order to be able to PM her back! It's a strange old world isn't it?! How are you anyway Taz2?
IM 17 years or so post meno but I come on the site all the time?
If your fine then thats great but maybe you can answer some questions
Thats why we all came here and it behoves us to stay yes? xxx

MAT48

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 01:23:44 PM »

Well if menopause was all I had wrong with me then I would use it more but I have RA, Sjogrens, Hashimoto's and possibly other autoimmune diseases now so I need other forums that are more specific. I think my menopause was probably the trigger for all this autoimmune stuff though. Many people I have come across over the last two years have delayed treatment for serious illnesses because they or their doctors have assumed that menopause accounted for their symptoms. Not good!

Ju Ju

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »

I have made more than 20 posts, but seem to be stuck on 19. So near yet so far! What am I doing wrong?

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »

The posts you make have to be in topics other than "this and that " or the "three word " threads.

I think the words used are " meaningful " posts.

Hope this helps.

Honeyb
X

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 10:32:29 AM »

How do you know that you have been sent a personal message..what alerts you to it?..or am i being dim?

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 10:57:36 AM »

If you look at the menu at the top there is a little box that says messages. It will show a new message in brackets next to it. You can also set your profile to have messages forwarded to your email inbox if you want.

Honeyb
x
I will send you a hello now so you can see it happen  ;D

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

Many thanks honeybun..have P.M'd you a reply :)

Diamonds and pearls x

Rowan

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 11:03:08 AM »

When I login to MM if I have a PM a notice comes up on my screen saying "You 1 new message" or however many messages there are.

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40:18 PM »

I've updated this today so members only need to post 10 useful posts before being able to send PMs.
Posts in the 'This and That' and the 'Menopause Humour' boards don't add to your post count.

Emma

precious4

lol
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 02:32:06 AM »

;D
Lol and there was me thinking it was because I had my first flush last monday !!
Nelliedee x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4