Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aches, pains and tiredness with hrt?  (Read 20889 times)

Jocelyn

Aches, pains and tiredness with hrt?
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »

Anyone else suffer from aches and pains on hrt is this a normal side effect?

jax

Re: Aches, pains and tiredness with hrt?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »

yep....had awful pains in hips for months after starting hRt but it did go away. it was a small price to pay to get rid of all the other meno issues. i increased dose last week and had a return of aches for a couple of nights but its gone again ...
how long have you been on HRT?

Jocelyn

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 03:30:20 PM »

Hi Jax,was on Lival for about 6 months, suffered terrible tiredness and aches and pains all over, stopped it and within few days I felt well but of course eventually sweats came back, went to doctor last Wed and he put me on elleste duel after just 2 days I feel just the same again and have to go to bed every afternoon just dont know what to do now its so bad cant even do any thing  :'(

flower

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

Hi,
I tried eleste duet on first taking hrt and went so tired I couldnt move off sofa.  Eventually went on Everol Conti and they stopped profound sweating and gave me energy.  I lost weight but went a little hyper (more hyper than usual).  Unfortunatley, mine seem to have stopped working after about 2 years.  I now get night sweats, anxiety, bad depression, dry skin, eyes, hair and have gone so lethargic I cant even get up and dressed and just doze on sofa all day.  Dr wont even look at changing hrt wants to give me anti-depressants but first has done blood test for thyroid.   So full of anger and depressed at lack of interest by doctors...I look ok and sound ok so must be making it all up!!!!  Anyway, my point is, Everol Conti worked for about 2 years and took away sweats and tiredness.  Also they stick like a leech !!!  I was left with a slight underlying depression though....like someone has put a dimmer switch on life and that has stayed since meno. 
Hope this helps  xx

flower

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 05:00:17 PM »

:) Thanks Susan,
I took notes from your advice with me but she said no....wanted me to have thyroid test and vit D (told her I take vit D and when in deep depression still make myself get out!)  I asked for oestrogen gel or patch to add to patches whilst waiting for thyroid test but no.  (She is best Dr in surgery - others wont even give me painkillers for osteoarthritis other than co-codamol or paracaetamol as think I have had enough over the years - strangely, OA gets worse as time goes on not better !!! - they dont like me) they dont like the face that I am trying to help myself.  I look fit and slim and sound polite and inteligent.  I intend to e-mail Dr. Curry after friday when I go for results of blood test.  Trouble is, I have ME and osteoarthritis and cant cope with pills anyway so rarely take co-codamol.  But I know me and anxiety, depression and this type of tiredness is NOT ME and the bone pain is also a different type of pain.  The anger it creates from going to Drs is horrendous
it just goes round and round in your mind.   
Thanks for the reply though.   I am a positive person but just feel so helpless and smoke !! 
Take Care, Am I right in thinking you also have arthritis?
xx

meno lesley

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »

I am on my fourth hrt which is elleste solo and utrogestan. For me it has helped so many of the things that were going on but have a lot of joint pain especially in my ankles and feet. I have tried anti inflammatories and painkillers but does not seem to help. My job is on my feet all day and am struggling at work at mo, but am reluctant to stop or change hrt as do not want the other symptoms coming back.

Lesley x

Jocelyn

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:06:32 PM »

thanks flower, have taken note of everol conti and will ask doc about it, I stopped the elleste  two days ago and aches and pains almost gone and didnt have to sleep today   :-\

Peterspots

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »

Jack, may I ask about the aches, pains, especially hip pain.  Started on evorel 4 weeks ago. 1 week in started to get joint pain. That had eased at little but the hip pain is really bad it's on the muscle ? That joins my hip. Did the side effect go. Don't know if I should ask to change. I also have had constant pressure/tingling in my face since January :( but the hrt seems to have caused more pressure in the muscle.

jax

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »

Hiya...
my Joint pains went away when I started hrt BUT.. they have come back in the last 3 months.
at the time I was still taking elleste duet but came off it over a month ago. The hip pain remains.
now about to restart taking hrt as other symptoms are creeping in..will see how things go..

Briony

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »

Jack, may I ask about the aches, pains, especially hip pain.  Started on evorel 4 weeks ago. 1 week in started to get joint pain. That had eased at little but the hip pain is really bad it's on the muscle ? That joins my hip. Did the side effect go. Don't know if I should ask to change. I also have had constant pressure/tingling in my face since January :( but the hrt seems to have caused more pressure in the muscle.

My GP said it takes a minimum of three months for  hrt side effects to reduce and your body to feel the benefit. A month is still really early days. My tingling is miles better than it was pre pill/hrt, but it got slightly worse when I started Evorel 50 before it got better. Try to hang in there x

Peterspots

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 05:27:32 AM »

It's been a month. I'm really despondent. will try & keep the faith.

Briony

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 02:39:57 PM »

Big hugs. I know it's hard. If you look back at my posts you will see I went through a similar thing. I was under the impression that within weeks (if not days!) all would be wonderful. Then when it wasnt, I panicked!

Peterspots

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 04:41:25 PM »

Thank you. The face symptom is like water torture , the continuous tingling & the worry what it is. It feels like nerve. If I move or yawn my nose face twitches & now adding the joint pain is really hard but the VA is improving with the vagifem.

Sunnydays

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »

Interesting threads. I've had Evorel conti for about 3/4 months and I found over the past few weeks aches and pains have been awful and I wondered if there was a link - maybe maybe not. I also found I am feeling very irritable and very flat. I would say that the side effects of nausea and uncomfy tum did wear off by the  3 months.
My gp is great but I know exactly what you mean about sitting in front of the doc looking well and slim etc etc and yet you feel tired/awful inside.
Ive just changed to different hrt so I'll see if there is a difference.

Peterspots

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 08:11:51 PM »

Hello. I have stopped evorel yesterday so I would be interested in what you use next & if the same side effect occurs
Pages: [1] 2