Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help with HRT and which one  (Read 1300 times)

Lynne13

Help with HRT and which one
« on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:58 AM »

Hi I've been on fem seven conti for 7 weeks, 2years without a period and luckily only symptom I've had is night sweats for 3hours continuously for 5 years so wanted to give hrt a try. But I'm going to back to Gp as the night sweats are worse. Do you think the progesterone is affecting the oestrogen and therefore creating more. Should I ask for higher oestrogen to compensate what are you suggestions please. Seeing GP Tomorrow so wanted to ask your help first as this forum great for guidance

Hurdity

Re: Help with HRT and which one
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 04:37:21 PM »

Hi Lynne13

I agree with Stellajane - you need to give it time. However some women find the combo of continuous combined HRT doesn't work so well - and the progestogen seems to interfere with the beneficial effects of oestrogen but with tabs you can't adjust the dose of oestrogen. If this doesn't work after 3 months then maybe go for separate oestrogen (patch) with progestogen ( Provera or utrogestan). Patches increase up to 100 mcg. Also you might want to try a cycle too - eg Femseven sequi - but you would have to put up with a monthly withdrawal bleed. HRT preparations are listed under Treatments - top tabs.:)

Hurdity x

Lynne13

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 08:31:31 AM »

Thank you. I learn so much on here. Is it the lack of oestrogen that gives the hot sweats? Can I then take seperate( new to this) like a patch and progesterone tablets creams etc. I'm sooo tired I don't mind the flushes in a day however on a night I'm just losing so much sleep

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

Just to add that if you wanted to go for separate patch and progestogen, progesterone cream is not suitable for protecting the womb and you would need to use one of the types listed here ie either the synthetic Provera or utrogestan which is micronised progesterone - so the same as we produce in our bodies.

Hurdity x

Lynne13

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:35:34 AM »

Morning. I went see my gp who is very helpful and listens, she has changed me in to Indivina 2/5 to eee if upping the oestrogen will help with the night sweats. Anyone had Anne experiences with this? Thank you