Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)  (Read 85475 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Nearly 50 and have taken up jogging :)
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2013, 02:46:52 AM »

I'm so impressed with you all! Jogging sounds too energetic for me. I'll soon be 60 and started singing lessons 2 years ago. I am now taking singing grades. I recommend singing for when you feel low.

debil

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2013, 06:26:00 AM »

I too love walking but can't jog to save my life.
Last bank holiday OH and I set off on a 7 mile walk with a pub stop halfway.......only to find when we got there, the pub was closed ! Had a raging thirst by the time we got home  :lol:

Ju Ju

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2013, 06:17:56 PM »

;D  ...... I'm out of bed, what more do they want  ???   ;)

Not the first time you have made me chuckle! ;D

cbr600f6

« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »

I know this is a very old post and maybe nobody will see it but just had to say something - new on here, am 46, started to get some symptoms so went to see doctor and she suggested this website - although I'm still in denial (am toooooo young !!). Anyway, she also nagged me to give up the smoking and drinking the amount I was, and somewhere on this thread I read about couch to 5k, never heard of it before so did some investigating ..... anyway, I am now 8 days smoke free, 8 days alcohol free, 8 days caffeine free and have started jogging - a few days of my body wondering what the beejessus was going on but am hopeful !!

ancient runner

« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »

I started in my late 40s and am still jogging (I prefer to say running (slowly)) 8 years on. Usually 3 times a week, around 3 miles. Love it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of ……… what ever thread you drop by at !  :D

Jogging ….. I can hardly put 1 foot in front of the other today  :sigh:.

Well done on 'giving up' cbr600f6

Celticapril

« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »

Goodness can't remember when I was last on this site - too busy running ;) but just had to reply to you when I got the notification.

Good for you cbr. Keep at it. It is hard to start with but take it nice and slowly and it will get easier. If you have a parkrun close by I would definitely recommend going along as you will be made very welcome and may even find a running buddy.

I'm 61 now, still running and husband has joined me as he got fed up holding the bags for me and our daughter at all the races! Our 2 year grandson even gets in on the act now as mum pushes him in his special running buggy as he shouts "Faster mummy faster!" That medal rack in my profile is overflowing now - in fact I need a new one!

I sneaked my first marathon in just before I turned 60 and plan to do another next year. Best thing I ever did taking up running - just wish I had done many years sooner!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:49:28 PM by Celticapril »

Tempest

« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2017, 01:20:33 PM »

Not jogging, but I've taken up my brisk walking again! Yayyy! Previously, it has done more for my mental health and well-being than HRT has......I wish I hadn't let it slide!

CLKD

« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2017, 02:14:06 PM »

I had a 20 mins. brisk walk this morning followed by moving furniture - does that count  :D

Tempest

« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »

Indeed it does, CLKD! I managed my walking today, even though I felt like a slug.....I really had to push myself today.

CLKD

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11:49 AM »

Wading through treacle then?  ::)

Himself was pulling himself up the stairs earlier, he's thraented to buy a stair lift  ;D - he then took a walk round the village. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 08:11:11 PM by CLKD »

Smalltownok

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2017, 07:21:55 PM »

I have been running for just a little over 3 years now and I love it!  I started at 48 never having been athletic in my whole life - no sports in school or anything.  I run 5K's, 10K's and have ran 5 halfs.  I would love to do a full marathon sometime, but it takes SO much training and time!  Maybe someday.

CLKD

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »

Crikey - why ?  :-\ ...... I'm up, what more do people want  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2019, 07:13:14 PM »

Bump

Sickntired

« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2019, 02:48:26 PM »

Regular runner, not fast but have stamina,  run on and off since mid 20s, only increased mileage over past year , previously half marathon was my most.  Want to be better trail runner.   To anyone reading this , don't give in to to "can't be arsed" feeling and I say that thru experience.  It's a little demon that is no help.  ANY excersize of any form and duration helps massively with the stress and symptoms of this craphole called menopause.  Fed up with fatigue and loss of muscle strength but the great thing is using my frustration and anger to power my run😅😅😅  .    Does anyone feel pigeonholed by menopause as in "Oh, yr old and shouldn't wear this/listen to that music/ you should want to slow down/take up knitting instead "   Noooooo,   I don't like this older rubbish.... (No offence meant to anyone older or who knits!)  Does anyone else feel like they silently rage and scream  against this or am I alone and just sad really ? 😮🤔😁
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8