Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 849102 times)

yogini

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »

Hi Fi, as I have said before in a posting, this is where we need the women who have come out the other side of menopause to come along and tell us that these things wont last for ever!! Its so easy to think that how it is now, is how it will be always.  I dont believe (and I hope) this is not the case!!  I dont want to be anxious for the rest of my life.  I think what we have to do is look at older women - we need to be given some positive role models, to see that there is life - and a good life - after meno.  I can only look at my own mother, and also my Teacher, they have both come through it, and are positive, beautiful women!!!! feisty and independent - which came out of the meno experience!! its a shame we dont see more of them!!

Lots of love,
Yogini xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

rebecca

« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

Hi Fi

Your latest posting could have been written by me! I echo your feelings 110% - my gynae said to me "you will  have to take the 'medication' for life I'm afraid".

I did feel down like you and have often thought that it would be great if I could perhaps 'swap' the symptom for one of my choice!  ;D  I guess in the medical profession it is not a priority as it is not seen as life threatening therefore does not justify money/priority for research :-\  Well, that's the way I see it anyway rightly or wrongly ::)

My mother NEVER talked about the menopause - it is just like she has not experienced it ! When she came across women who seemed rude or unhelpful - she used to say - "I expect she is going through the change"  >:(

My sisters' ( who are 2 and 10 years older)  experience with menopause has been SO different from mine they both have never suffered with vaginal dryness (so it doesn't seem to run in the family!)

Don't loose heart though, you will have a better day tomorrow I am sure and continue to find something that may ease your symptoms......

Rebecca   x

missey

« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2009, 08:36:08 AM »

Hi,

I'm new here but have been reading for a while.

After reading your posts I've been to Docs and got some OrthoGynol, only used it for 2 nights so far, I'm so hoping it works.

Reading other experiences helps and I realise I'm not alone with this.

Thanks ladies

Fi

« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2009, 09:04:16 AM »

Hi Missy  :)

Hope the Orthogynol works for you. (I wonder if that's the same as Orthogynest - that's what I was given first.) Let us know how you get on - fingers crossed!

Fi

missey

« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2009, 09:59:23 AM »

Fi,

I've just been to check the box - I've got Ortho Gynest cream!! Should have read the box before posting!!

I like to let the Doc choose what she thinks is best for me, (I expected Vagifem or Ovestin after reading posts on here) but when I got the prescription I thought she's prescribed something for my teeth!! (Otho).

Years ago I wouldn't have believed I could be this stupid ;D

rebecca

« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »

Missey

I agree with your thoughts on the word Ortho, sounding more dental.

I believe it comes from the Greek word ὀρθός meaning 'straight  or 'correct'.

Hope it works for you.

Rebecca

rebecca

« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2009, 05:05:04 PM »

Ladies

Non-estrogen Option for Menopause

The following link makes interesting reading , maybe 'one to watch' to see how the trials go  :)

http://www.webmd.com/menopause/news/20080523/non-estrogen-option-menopause

Rebecca

rik

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2009, 10:43:14 AM »

Rosebush

« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »

Re Vagifem...My Gp gives me a script for 15 tabs.. 2 per week, is anyone else given more on their script, when i go on hols for 10wks, i have to spread them out a bit more, could do with 20..

Taz2

« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2009, 10:35:15 AM »

I was given three months worth at a time Rosebush - started off with one each night for two weeks then one twice a week for the next three months (that's three and a half months worth!) before going back for a check up.

Fifteen at a time must cost you a lot in prescription charges. You need to go back definitely and get this sorted out. Is it working well?

Taz x

Rosebush

« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2009, 10:59:57 AM »

Taz when i pushed Gp to give me Vagifem & stop Estroil he gave me 15 tabs each time that was 6mths ago & still only getting 15tabs..when going on long stay hols for 13wks last April i did ask for a double script knowing i would have to pay £14.20, but still only got the 1 script..so presumed that was all he could issue, i had to use 1 about every 5-6 days, but did get soreness...so now i know Gp's can issue more, i will push the subject...also script charges are due to rise.!! Thxs for the reply Taz..x 

Oh they work really well, if i use 2 per wk, and so easy to use, not like the other messy bullet type one's..!

lolly

« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »

I have over last few months noticed dryness, Not continually though. But I do seem to suffer alot with thrush to the point I seem to buy the cream every few months.
Can be quite painful. I have been to the Dr.  a while agao who prescribed me cream with a pessarie?? Last time did not bother going back to Dr. just bought the cream just thought cant keep going back for same problem.
Did have blood test and was all clear. But this was last year going back again few weeks

missey

« Reply #162 on: March 09, 2009, 12:23:40 PM »

Update on Ortho Gynest cream

I've been using Ortho Gynest cream for about 3 weeks now, I'm on my twice per week dose.

When I was using it nightly I had some discomfort, felt a bit like period pains (but I had a hysterectomy 10 yrs ago) but I persevered with it, now I still get that feeling on the nights I use it and the following day, although it's nothing compared to the dryness I was experiencing.

Anyone else get this feeling?

jeanie2

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »

Hello everyone, Having just been perscribed vagifem by my doctor today, thought I would look up what I was taking.  I came across this forum and have found it extremely useful. Its great to know that its not just me experiencing this aweful discomfort, especially when trying to have some intimacy with my hubby. Hopefully things will now improve in that department - I'm sure he'll be more than delighted (just have to deal with headaches now!!). Thanks ladies. ::)

Taz2

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2009, 07:46:46 PM »

Welcome Jeanie2 - you will find lots of advice and support on here as you go through the various stages and delights of meno.

Hope Vagifem works quickly for you - I found a difference within a week!!

Taz x
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79