Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Utrogestan  (Read 112037 times)

Js

Re: hrt oestrogen and progesterone query
« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

I know this is going to sound really strange but I'm going to ask anyway ,
I am on evorel conti 50 patches which contain oestrogen and prog. As this does not give you a bleed how is this keeping my lining safe .
I'm sure someone is going to give me a simple answer soon

Js

Cassie

Re: Utrogestan
« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:57 PM »

From my way of understanding this when I asked my Dr, the combined Oestrogen and Progesterone have high enough doses of Progest which keeps the lining thin so you dont build up an excess of lining and do not need a bleed, hope that makes sense :)

Bette

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »

This is from the Post-meno HRT preparations section of the menu on the left:-When there are steady levels of estrogen and progestogen from daily administration of both, the womb lining stays thin. Although some bleeding in the first 6 months of therapy is common, there should not be bleeding after that and the lining does not go through the stages of stimulation and then shedding as it does during a normal cycle and with sequential therapy.
Bette x

Cassie

« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2012, 07:52:43 AM »

Does anyone else find that Utrogestan makes their eyes slightly sensitive to bright light, almost feel like I have a hangover lol, but could just be my imagination :) my meno brain working overtime!

Tingly

« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:21 AM »

Hi Ladies,

I'm on 7 days of utrogestan 100mg oral route starting the 1st of each month. John Studd told me to expect a withdrawal bleed on day 10 but as it is a low dose gestogen it does not always produce a bleed. I just hope I don't end up in bed with a hideous migraine when I finish the 7 days as that's what usually happened on the other regimes I've been on.

My GP thinks I might have to have regular scans with the P being so low but that's fine with me.

I'm on day 3 of the 7 days at the moment and the only thing I've noticed is I'm sleeping really well.

Bombus.. If you ever come back on this site again please let us know how you got on
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]