Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hi I am a new member that has just started Prempak C  (Read 15717 times)

Vicki

Hi I am a new member that has just started Prempak C
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:47:45 AM »

Hi Everyone

I am 41 who was diagnosed 3 years ago with premature ovarian failure when seeking fertility treatment for my first pregnancy. I have now got quite a few sysmtoms of menopause, bad skin, hot flushes, lack of energy and depression. I have been prescribed Prempak C and have started 3 days ago. Please can anyone advise if I will feel normal again and my skin and hair will improve as I seem to be ageing fast?????

Thanks

Vicki

Bette

Re: Hi I am a new member that has just started Prempak C
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »

Hi Vicki
 :welcomemm:
Hopefully the HRT will start working quickly and you'll start feeling a lot better.  :) Most of us have found that physical symptoms improve first, emotional ones can take a bit longer.
Sorry to hear that you're having to deal with this so young but we have several ladies on here in your position. There's info in the Green Menu - particularly under "Premature Menopause." Lots of support here so browse round and join in. Laughs too - do check out the "Funnies."  ;D
Bette x

mummypower

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »

Hi Vicki, I too was been diagnosed with pof at 38, I started hrt last year and found it helped a lot, I've just changed from tablet to patches, I still feel low some days, but that's human, I hope you will start to feel better soon x
Anne x

harem77

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:25:13 AM »

Hi vicki
I started hrt 8 months ago. Hair is shinning, nails look good and growing quickly, skin feels nice and soft . I have seen a big difference in these areas. Still get a little anxiety and flushes but that is usually period time when hormones are all over the place anyway. But feeling much better it just takes time.xx

Vicki

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »

Thank you

I am starting to feel better already knowing that I can come on here and talk to other people in the same boat.

Vicki
x

Lorraine57

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:42 AM »

Hi Vicki,

I started Prempak C lowest dose 13 days ago and the transformation is amazing.  I was feeling very unwell, nauseous, crashing fatique, no apetite, aches, anxiety and very very tearful, flushes hot and cold.  By the time I took day 5 things just felt very slightly better and there has been a gradual improve every day since, until I now feel so much better than I have for the last year.  My apetite has returned, no more hot and cold flushes and my mood is so improved. Keep popping those pills and you will soon feel good again.  The ladies on here are amazing and gave me hope.

Lorrainex

Bette

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »

Yay  :congrats: Lorraine - that's great news!  :banana:
Bette x

Vicki

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »

That's brilliant to hear and also your symptoms were just like mine, did you also have the crawly skin especially when you just get into bed!!!
Does anyone know if my acne will get better on the prempak C as looking in the mirror is depressing or should I also see a dermatologist??
Thanks you everyone :)
Vicki
xx
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:48:52 AM by Vicki »

Lorraine57

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 11:24:18 AM »

Hi Vicki,

Oh yes and crawly skin....I had 35 out of 40 memo symptoms, and all seems to be going just fine on Prempak  :)

Lorraine57

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »

Hi Bette,

Thank you for your post........it is great isn't it  :) If I keep improving like this I will be so happy.

Vicki

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »

Thanks Morwenna

Thank you, I have just spoken to my GP about my skin as she has just advised me also to wait and see what happens in the next 3 months and then we will discuss the good and the bad bits of taking HRT.

Thank you everyone, I was feeling very alone until today.  :'(

Bette

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 12:28:47 PM »

Well, you're not alone now!  :foryou:
You might find that it helps to keep a symptom diary, then you can take it along to your 3-month review. There are many different HRTs so if you work out the good and the bad bits, as your gp says, you'll be able to work out if it's worth trying a different one.
Bette x

Vicki

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

Thank you Bette, I will certainly do that.

x
Vicki :)

sue57

• First Flush
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »

Hi there

I have changed from Premique [which is now unavailable] to Prempak C.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it does cause spots - exactly as you describe them.  Under the surface - like small boils.

This only happens when on the final 12 days - where two tablets are taken and is - I think - the progesterone side of HRT.

Anyone know if Premique will be coming back on the market?? :)

Bette

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 08:38:15 AM »

Hi Sue
As for Premique coming back, I guess it depends on whether it is just "out of stock" or has been discontinued.  :-\ My HRT was discontinued :( and when I asked my gp why, she said that gps were prescribing less HRT so the drug companies weren't making enough profit from it.  >:(
I did a quick search and it seems that the prog. in Prempak C is Norgestrel whereas that in Premique was Medroxyprogesterone - only searched quickly so you might like to check!  ::) Interestingly, Medroxyprogesterone is listed in the Green Menu as a prog. available in the form of Provera so if you continue to have problems, you could change to "separates" and use that. You could have Premarin as your estrogen which is the same as that in Prempak C (and Premique.)
Bette x
Pages: [1] 2