Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hi I am a new member that has just started Prempak C  (Read 15882 times)

Vicki

Re: Hi I am a new member that has just started Prempak C
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »

Hi everyone
I'm back and nearly 7 weeks into Prempak C, my skin has really improved, the insomnia and hot flushes improved, no where near as tearful and feel like I can cope alot better with life. HRT has certainly made me feel alot better, you don't realise how rubbish you actually felt!!
Thank you for all your support.

Vicki
xx
 ;D

Bette

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 12:58:55 PM »

That's great Vicky!  :congrats:
Bette x

Vicki

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »

Hi everyone

Can anyone advise, I said that I was at 7 weeks and was feeling alot better, I have had my period and am on day 17 of my tablet, but since Friday I feel like I am going backwards again, my coping mechanism seems to be failing, I feel anxious with hot flushes, low and have insomnia again due to itchy irritable skin when I get into bed, I am nearly due to go back and see my GP to discuss the first 3 months and decide if Prempak C is for me and to see if the low dose is enough, which at present I feel that maybe I need the higher dose.
Am I just having a bad week, or do I need to go back to the GP ASAP and discuss increasing or changing my HRT???
Thanks

Vicki xx  :(

:(

Fluffy123

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 07:26:02 PM »

Hi i have been on premique for 6 months i was doing well on them but now they dont seem to stock them so mu doctor gave me a pecripription for prempak 0.15mg i have been taking them a week and soon be taking 2 a day feel a bit strange as i worry about the change im feeling anxious but hope ill get used to them has anyone else had to change and how do you find them would like some advice please 😕

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »

Hi Fluffy 123

:welcomemm:

I'm a bit confused by the HRT types. According to the info on this site there is Prempak 0.625 mg or 1.5 mg (high dose) which are for women who are peri-menopausal ie have not gone for 12 months without a period before starting HRT, and are designed to give a withdrawal bleed every 4 weeks. There will be two types of pill then ones with the oestrogen only and the others which contain thew progestogen too.

Premique it given to post-menopausal women ( ie no period for 12 months before starting HRT) and don't give a bleed because all the tabs have oestrogen and progestogen in them. This also comes in the same two strengths.

Sounds like you have gone from a no bleed to a bleed preparation - but hopefully you have been given the same oestrogen dose? The reason you feel strange is probably because you have now gone onto the oestrogen only phase of the cyclical type of HRT so will have been experiencing progesterone withdrawal symptoms. If your womb lining had grown at all on the other type then you may even get a bleed quite soon. Did your doc not tell you that you have been given a different type or was it the pharmacist who dispensed them? Did you try any other pharmacies? I think this problem has been reported before as well so perhaps it's not the first time they have run short?

By the way this is an ancient thread (!) so you won't get as many replies than if you started a new thread - when more members would be able to welcome you :).  Maybe you'd like to start a new post in the new members section (new topic button at the top on the right of the section) telling us something about yourself and your menopause?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]