Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Newsletter

shop
About | Leaflets | Magazine | Books | Multimedia | Questionnaires | Links | Contact | Shop | Twitter | Facebook | Blog

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Midriff bulge  (Read 10971 times)

borchesterlass

Midriff bulge
« on: August 24, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

Any one got any ideas to get rid of the wonderful flab that seems to expand from below my bra line. I can't do sit ups because I have a bad neck. Do plenty of other exercise but need to direct somthing at this horror spot.

cubagirl

Re: Midriff bulge
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:33:11 PM »

Wish I had the answer to that one!  No amount of exercise seems to budge it for me.  Mind you I've got an incisional hernia which exaggerates mine.  :(
Things can only get better....

Bette

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:21 PM »

There's an interesting section in the Green Menu under "Diet, Lifestyle and Exercise" - "Weigh Gain."
This is one paragraph:-
Weight distribution
 When women gain weight after the Menopause the distribution of where it settles alters. An extra pound before the pre-menopause will settle evenly over hips, bottom, thighs and arms. After the menopause it ALL goes round the middle! Hence the term "middle age spread" or " midriff". A fairly modest weight gain can thus result in a change of dress size.

Bette x
If you want a thing done well, get a couple of old broads to do it. Bette Davis.

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:04:23 PM »

Water tablets should only be taken in extreme for medical reasons they are like useing Laxatives to loose weight
Walk if you eat bad stuff stop do waist turns like your using a hoola hoop or doing the twist but just the waist
I also think a lot of it is unlucky but dont hurt your back doing god knows how many sit ups
Lie on your side lift the leg up and down do it both sides Then  lie on your back lift both legs off the gorund
BUT with your hand under your bottom to protect your back these use the ab muscles and in time they will work
Yes middle age spread exist BUT yes you can get rid of a lot of it OK so we wont have a nubile nymphets body
Who cares what martters really is we are STILL HERE ROCK ON XXXXXXXXX

silverlady

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »

I have read that weight that starts below the breasts in women, is due to testosterone out weighing estrogen especially post menopause, though some women produce more testosterone when they are younger if the have PCO's, and estrogen replacement redistributes the fat  so that the extra fat goes onto the hips and upper thighs to produce a more feminine shape.

Whether this works in practice is anyones guess.

http://www.drrote.com/the_4_body_types.html

http://www.biotype.net/types/index.htm

silverlady x
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:20:02 PM by silverlady »
"Great discoveries have never been made by rigid thinking." anonymous
"The trick is growing up without growing old"
Casey Sengal

gillybean

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »

Definately noticed this area has got very big over the last year or so (49 now), if I look sideways on in the mirror I look all bloated and almost pregnant, my GP says 'it's just life!' when i asked if it was bloating or anything more sinister, I hate this extra weight round my middle...

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 05:19:16 PM »

Water retention - rot!  My bulge is lazy muscle!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

gillybean

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:32:42 PM »

I look such a mess in even a T shirt, they accentuate the huge bulge under my boobs, talk about a spare tyre!  I don't want to resort to wearing big baggy clothes.... :(

Skylark

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

I think Silverlady is right - it's the same as a male paunch! My OH is having a mini crisis about his developing one, having always been slim. I think Pilates can help to a certain extent as it focuses on the core muscles to firm and tone, but I think at the end of the day there's no stopping the shape-shifting.  :(
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything.
That's how the light gets in.

"Anthem" by Leonard Cohen.

Celine

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »

Tops that distract the eye with a pattern, a crossover bit, empire line etc is only solution I've found 8)

C x

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 11:15:47 AM »

Any one got any ideas to get rid of the wonderful flab that seems to expand from below my bra line. I can't do sit ups because I have a bad neck. Do plenty of other exercise but need to direct somthing at this horror spot.
Well you could try my way which is to have gastric reflux and not eat that works
OR buy underwire high bras that lift your boobies around oyur kneck that makes your tunny smaller
Or sod it and ejoy life hehehe

ariadne

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 05:05:53 PM »

I've decided on a change of style this Autumn to hide my middle. I'm going to be wearing... not leggings exactly as my legs are a bit too spindly but I've found some straight leg stretchy black pants in Peacocks that look like leggings but not so clingy. I can wear flat pumps with that or I can wear leggings as long as I have long boots on to hide the spindly legs. With them I'm going to be wearing a variety of short dresses or tunics. I've bought a few from ebay and I rather like the look so far. If its cold a long cardi will go over it. I'd like to belt the tunics but it just doesn't work for me even though I like it on others. I look like Father Christmas with my belly  :(

ariadne xx

Hurdity

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 05:14:37 PM »

Hi yes I've got that too even though I'm prob only about a stone over what I would like to be.
You defo need firstly to get some of the weight off if you have much too much, but the main thing is to get firmed up even with the extra bulges. I agree with CKLD - we put on weight there and it shows more as our muscles seem to get flabbier with age. If you do lots of suitable exercise in the core/tummy it means you can pull yourself in and it doesn't look half so so bad. I can let it all go and slouch and I look huge - or pull it all in, pull yourself upright, shoulders back, tits out and suddenly I look a different person. It really makes a huge difference how you hold yourself  ;D (oops didn't mean to say that...).
Long slightly fitted flared tunics  over just below knee skirts or straight trousers tend to hide it all, also belt on the hips!
Hurdityx :)

gillybean

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »

If I stand sideways on and pull in my muscles I look fab for all of 10 seconds, what a pity it won't last!

borchesterlass

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »

Din't you just hate those three way mirrrors in the changing rooms!
Pages: [1] 2