Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48

Author Topic: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil  (Read 126053 times)

Suzanne1967

Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:58:36 PM »

I've been back to Gp tonight desperate   :'( as couldn't cope 😰 He's put me on tibilone 2.5 to start straight away

Ive took tonight can I take again in morning ?

Praying this will improve things

Asked for testosterone gel as not had libido for 3 years 😰 But wouldn't prescribe

Asked if I should continue Estroil Pv for VA said don't need it ??
Scan & biopsies 24 Nov so let's see eh 🤔

Any of you ladies can advise on any of above

Also I'm rather anxious I'm going to be worse for few weeks now ?!?

peri

Re: Tibilone 2.5 and testosterone and Pv Estroil
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 08:12:32 PM »

Hi Suzanne

I trialled tibolone for 3 months and one of the things I found was it made tissues down below very moist so I didn't need to use vagifem.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:22:50 PM »

I may be wrong but I don't think you need testosterone whilst on Tibolone as you will probably produce it now yourself

Testosterone has really increased lubricarion for me so Tibolone may well do so for you but if you need extra help for down there I think cream/pessary oestrogen is ok

I really hope this solves your issues and make sure you keep us updated as it really can help other women considering it

X

Suzanne1967

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:43:52 PM »

Annie peri

Thank you

I ll keep you posted as this forum helps me so much ! To share info and experiences is of paramount importance X

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »

Suzanne1967, Tibolone sounds like a very good option to me and particularly if you need help with libido.  I've never tried it myself but I believe it has fewer side effects than some of the continuous combined forms of HRT and many women happily take it for years so good luck and please let us know how you get on. 

Sooze

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 10:50:27 PM »

Suzanne,
Stick to taking 1 tab/day at the same time, don't double take.  I started to feel my mood lift after 3 days and libido start to return after about a week  ;)

I stopped Vagifem after about a week of starting Tibilone, as there was just too much moisture but I'm continuing with Ovestin externally as that's helped a lot (was given by gynaecologist with Tibilone) with skin integrity.

I've had a few odd side effects but nothing major (can't tolerate white wine anymore for one).

Good luck, hope it works as well for you as it is for me. 

Suzanne1967

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:00:51 PM »

Sooze

Thank you !! 😊

I'll go back to gp get the cream too 🙋

What sort of side effects if you don't mind me asking

I'm excited as have  hope 💞

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 09:53:17 AM »

Suzanne - you have only just started the Tibolone - you take it once a day everyday and it will take 2-4 weeks to kick in and do it's magic.  I wouldn't rush into using anything else at the moment or you won't know what is working.  Tibilone is great for libido and is very good at controlling meno symptoms as well.
You could add in some vaginal moisturiser to help with dryness - I love using Sylk but many like the YES products.
Vagifem or Ovestin local oestrogen treatments can be very useful as well.  Give things time. 
Don't worry - you are on the right path.  I'm pretty sure the scan etc is just a routine check up and all will be fine. Keep us posted.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 02:25:16 PM »

Suzanne1967 - hope it works well for you! A good friend of mine was on this for years and loved it - and only stopped in her mid 60's :)

Hurdity x

Suzanne1967

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 03:37:35 PM »

Thanks everyone 🙋💕

I'm a bit rubbish today crying feel sooo sick not moved all day 😢 But hey I have to be patient X you hell so much on here THANK YOU X

Blakeygray

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 07:10:21 PM »

Hi suzanne1967,  I'm two days into taking Tibolone and hope it does the trick for me too. I'm sure we'll be alright.

Sooze

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 08:35:30 PM »

Suzanne,
I'm posting a diary in personal experiences, take a look.

Really hope you have as good an experience as I'm having (so far).

Pam Madra

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »

Hi Sooze, Blakegray and Suzanne 1967 how is tibilone going. I have been following you all in regards to it. Half a tablet for 3 weeks and struggling still especially with body ache nausea and dihherea and big time anxiety. I will be visiting gynea but not much hopeful.

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 09:59:42 PM »

Looking forward to sharing my experience on Tibolone (day 5) Pam I too have nausea and loose stools along with strange head.

Hope it settles soon :D

Wx

Jules53

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 10:58:48 PM »

Hi Pam Madra

I started off taking half a tablet as you are but it seemed to make my anxiety worse and I  also felt nauseous. My gynaecologist advised me to take a full tablet after 3 weeks and I have gradually felt much better as the weeks have gone by. I am now into my 7th week on Tibolone and my anxiety has almost gone! No nausea either and I feel really calm.

Maybe you should consider taking the full tablet now. Stick with it, it will get better!😀

Happy new year!🎊🎉x
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48