Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice re Livial  (Read 8427 times)

warwick01

Advice re Livial
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:29:35 AM »

Hi

Recently I was put on Kliovance by my GP. Stuck with it for 3 months and 2 weeks but the progesterone was causing real problems, felt like I had constant low blood sugar, legs like jelly and just trembling so off to GP for my review.

She gave me Livial and its my tenth day. Instantly felt some improvement with dizziness, energy levls ect also had a few nights with good sleep. However today from 2.00pm I felt like im having a constant hot flush, feel sick but worst of all anxiety and panic attacks are off the scale. I feel adrenalin in the middle of my tummy with a feeling of dread.

Could it be a sudden drop of estragon?? as it feels like I did prior to taking any form of HRT. I feel really scared. I have applied some estrogel to see if things improve? I so want my life back, its been seven years of this bloody misery :(

Many thanks..... this site has saved my sanity  ;)

Wxx

Dancinggirl

Re: Advice re Livial
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:23:48 AM »

warick01 - you really mustn't add in or mix other HRTs to your regime - this will really through the balance off.
I do know what you mean about the shakiness and feelings of low blood sugar - I'm getting this at the moment and I'm just on the oestrogen bit of my regime - I'm putting this down to having had a virus so is a bit of post viral fatigue.  I expect your body is simply adjusting to the different type of HRT - Livial works in different way so there will be an adjustment.  If you hadn't been sleeping well prior to taking the Livial then your body probably needs to have some R&R.  DG x

warwick01

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »

Thanks Dancingirl,

I was thinking that as it was only early days I needed a bit more oestrogen, then reduce once I have been on it a few weeks. To be honest I have been taking my Livial in the morning and a pump of gel in the evening for 10 days now. Yesterday the anxiety, flushes panic attacks have been horrid, only felt like this when not taking any HRT.

I am so fed up with this meno, not sure where to go next :-\

Warwick 01

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »

No wonder you are having issues!! :-\ Adding in the extra oestrogen is really not a good idea - this will simply build up your womb lining, create an imbalance and possibly some problematic bleeding.
I can't remember if you are taking any ADs/SRRIs ? HRT is really not going to solve everything - HRt should be just part of a whole range of measures that control your meno symptoms and the anxiety.
Fear and anxiety can be all consuming and breaking the cycle of this requires a routine - regular exercise and relaxation to together with the right balance of medication. All this takes time and the proper experimentation under the supervision of you doctor - please, please stop self medicating.  I would stick with just the Livial - don't be tempted into thinking extra oestrogen will solve things. You must give this at least 2 months to work before seeing your doctor for anything different or even consider changing anything.  It's the constant experimenting that is actually making your anxiety worse.  I know you want to feel better quickly but these things don't happen overnight. Do try to be patient and kind to yourself - let your body adjust and settle with one thing at a time.  Dg xxx

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 12:32:32 PM »

Hi warwick - I agree with Dancinggirl - it really isn't good to use Lival plus extra oestrogen.

Taz x  :hug:

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 01:52:32 PM »

Thank you both

As I said it was temporary  until the Livial got into my system. Today is day eleven so I will cut out the gel and see what happens. I know your both right about chopping and changing HRT, I was doing ok on Oestrogel with 7 days Northisterone for 2 years up until a year ago when the gel stopped working. I was told I had become sensitised to it. I carried on with the Kliovance for over 3 months but to no avail as vertigo and other symptoms were horrid

I am sure the vertigo I have suffered over the years is also connected to Oestrodol as this is one improvement in the last 10 days?? I have read oestrogel along with other HRT containing oestrodol can cause vertigo, that's why GP decided to try me on Livial. She said if this wasn't strong enough we can try premarin.

Thank again I appreciate your advice :-*

PompeyLou

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:00 PM »

Hi Warwick... can I ask if you still have your womb? I know a crazy question but I posted on here today about Livial
xx

warwick01

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 07:53:08 PM »

Hi Pompeylou

Yes I still have a womb...... age 57

x

PompeyLou

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 07:57:08 PM »

It's just I had my overies removed and was put on Livial and felt like a new woman on it... then 3 months later they wouldn't let me take it anymore as I still have my womb...now I'm on no HRT and a complete mess x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »

PompeyLou - Who on earth made you stop the Livial!!! Livial can be taken by women with or without a womb!!
Was it you GP?  If so you need to ask to be referred to the gynae who did the operation as they will be able to confirm that you could still be using the Livial.   DG x

PompeyLou

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »

My original gynie who removed my overies and prescribed the Livial is now on maternity leave and is unable to be contacted! My GP was never happy that I was on it and another gynie stopped me from having it and told me to take one with progesterone in which I cannot take and which is the whole reason i had my overies removed in the first place... nobody is listening to me!!

Taz2

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 10:41:35 PM »

Hi PompeyLou - I agree with Dancinggirl. You can take Livial immediately after the surgical removal of ovaries. http://www.news-medical.net/drugs/Livial.aspx  Scroll down to "When to start it". I suggest you print this off.

You don't need a separate progesterone to protect the womb lining while on Livial https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/8552/SPC/Livial+2.5mg+tablets/  scroll to "prosology"

Taz x

PompeyLou

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2016, 05:18:20 AM »

Thank you all ::) x

matildamouse

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 05:00:24 AM »

Livial worked great for me but I had to discontinue it due to the extra facial hair it caused. I already have an elevated DHEA level and my hair follicles could not wait for this encouragement (the testosterone component in Livial) to grow even better... :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:07 PM »

Bugga - puts 'my chin' thread in it's place  ::)
Pages: [1] 2