Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 14 day reload?  (Read 4935 times)

linz57

14 day reload?
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »

After being on a Conti patch for 15 months I am once again starting to experience bladder discomfort and urinary frequency. I'm thinking of adding Vagifem back into my regime but am wondering whether a 14 day reload is necessary, given that I'm already on systemic  hrt.

Sweetscarlett

Re: 14 day reload?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:18:09 AM »

Hi Linz , I am on systematic Hrt too and Vagifem , when I was experiencing a ' blip' I did a 14 day reload with no problems
💜💜💜 Ss xx

linz57

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:12 AM »

Thank you, that's good to know. Could I ask, did you stay on the Vagifem alongside the hrt or was it just a temporary measure?

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 08:25:16 AM »

I am on everything just for my nether regions. systemic HRT , the Estring and ovestin on the bits as and when.

Dr Annie Evans says 5 xs a week for vagifem is absolutely fine ( uses that amount herself ) and not to skip two days , VA is for life and will only get worse the further we go into meno so need to try and keep one step ahead of it.

What they never told us , we'll my three daughters no it all and are prepared for when and if and I really hope they don't get VA.

linz57

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 09:05:42 AM »

Thank you Maryjane, I guess I had been lulled into thinking I had it under control ( although I know it's for life) as I been doing great on the 50mg Conti patch by itself.
As I'm getting older I must need more to keep that level steady so I will try this reload for a start.
Most of my problems have been * down below* and so I'm now thinking I may be able to cut my patch in half ( might not need 50mg for vasomotor symptoms now Im 6 years post memo) and increase the Vagifem.
It's good that you have informed your daughters as urogenital atrophy because it can be so frightening and scary when it hits. At least they will be prepared but fingers crossed they don't get it.
Oh yes, I had to laugh, my doc thinks this condition is just a dry vagina...... I say laugh, it's pathetic really, the level of understanding in the nhs .

linz57

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »

Oh  Stellajane, how awful for your poor mum, how she must have suffered but now I think back, a few of my nan's female friends were always having to keep nipping to the loo when they were out and about, they must have had problems but nothing was being done to help them, such a shame. VA really does have a severe impact on your life and to think of having to soldier on without any hrt help makes me shudder.
I know I am going to have a real fight on my hands getting my doc to prescribe both patch and Vagifem but if I need the two, I need them and she will have to understand. She wants me off hrt in 18 months time when I am 60 and only two weeks ago when I went to see her re my bladder,  she said she didn't know enough about hrt and that I should pay privately to same a top gynae consultant at my local Nuffield hospital !! It beggars belief!
So, I should keep on the full patch then? Thanks, will see what happens, please god there's improvement. 🙂

Huge thanks to you ladies once again, do any of you want to take over from my doctor please? Haha!💐
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 10:49:15 AM by linz57 »

linz57

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »

What an excellent idea regarding the pharmacist , I'll certainly give it a go. I've been debating changing doctors yet again, but seeing as how the last move was a case of " out of the frying pan and into the fire" I'm more than a little wary. If I changed again and found the new doctor was anti hrt that would be disastrous.
So glad to hear you have a decent gp Stellajane, hang onto him tight!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »

Why not use Vagifem along with other medication, after all, it's for a different area of the body. Might be caused by meno but each particular area needs treatment it seems!

linz57

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 06:19:36 PM »

Yes that's what I've started doing, I'll soon be needing a lottery win to pay for my prescriptions haha.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »

Not when you get to my age if you are in the UK  ;) (of course, meno-brain here can't remember where in the World you actually are  ::) )

linz57

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 10:50:10 PM »

I'm in England so it's £8.40 a throw eek! I think 60 used to be the age where women stopped paying for prescriptions here,  but I'm not sure if that's been raised to 65, along with pensions. Typical! ( I'm 58 by the way)

Jenna

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 07:56:37 AM »

linz57 - a prescription pre-payment certificate might help. It costs £29.10 for three months and £104 for twelve months and it covers all the prescriptions you need during that time. Here is the info:

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/PPC.aspx

You (still) get free prescriptions after 60 by the way!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 11:58:54 AM »

I have lots of meds so used the pre-payment route which meant I didn't have to pay for anything.  Then I got to 60  :whist:

Linz57 - "She wants me off hrt in 18 months time when I am 60 .. " don't wait.  Go back and tell her that you intend to continue with HRT until *you* feel you no longer require it, that you have read on here that it is OK as long as ladies are aware of possible health problems, that GPs can now prescribe - that the old guidelines are now out of date! 

It really is up to GPs to be up to date on treatment for chronic conditions, regardless of what they will cost the Practice. A after all, they wouldn't stop diabetic or heart treatments, would they!?

linz57

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »

Exactly and yes, I have no intention of coming off my Vagifem at least so the doc had better get used to that idea!😉I shall go in next time, armed with print offs from here.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »

:lol:  but don't leave it, how about printing off what is appropriate, write a little note to the GP and hand it in?  A little note i.e. "I've learned this from MM Forum and would like to share it with you" ;-).  Some GPs hate the internet as it makes them feel diminished, hey ho  ;D !  It's my body and I want the best for it.
Pages: [1] 2