Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Blood tests confirm so now need help where to start  (Read 2509 times)

Jems512

Blood tests confirm so now need help where to start
« on: April 19, 2016, 07:33:45 PM »

After a long time of extremely heavy bleeding every other cycle and then missing some months entirely I finally went to the doctor. More at the end of my tether with constant headaches and exhaustion. Dr prescribed some mild anti depressants to help with sleep and iron supplements. Have now had the blood test results. (45 so I know its early but quite franky bring it on!)
Doctor wants me to look at all options including HRT. Problem is that is as far as the phone call got me. I dont really know where to start. Still got headaches and feel exhausted all the time so i really want to do something to help myself.
Can anyone please point me in the right direction just to get going?
Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Blood tests confirm so now need help where to start
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:41:30 PM »

Is 45 your age  :-\

I'm sure someone will be along with ideas on HRT which will protect bones and heart.

:welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »

Jems512 - welcome to MM
You will need HRT as you are still young, so it's wise to consider using it as oestrogen deficiency can lead to long term health problems with the heart and bones.  Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up and get back to us with questions. Do look under TREATMENTS above to see the options - many like to start with Femoston 1/10 as the progesterone is often well tolerated. 
My headaches are greatly reduced on HRT and I sleep better. DG x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 11:14:41 PM »

Hi Jems512

Taz x   :welcomemm:

RedFraggle

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:33:18 AM »

Hi
I'm 43 and just started on Femoston 2/10 after 3 to 6 years of various symptoms and feeling progressively more rubbish. I wasn't keen on HRT but 2months in I feel like my old self again and think HRT is a marvel! My depression, anxiety, tiredness, feeling faint have all vanished. I have a few side effects (bit of discharge, some labial itching and I may have gained a teeny bit of weight) but I'll take those over the meno symptoms any day!!
Hope you're soon feeling better.